Week 8




This week has been challenging as besides the usual tasks we had to prepare the first draft of the final project. Although we worked on some parts of the project in the previous weeks, it still took time to give it a final thought. Besides, I had to change the group because meeting them only once a week got things too slow. Luckily everything has been going smoothly with the new one. We exchanged the drafts in pairs in order to explore each others' drafts for suggestions. I have to say that I enjoyed reading my pair’s project a lot. I love poetry and literature generally so it was interesting to read about the activities Ashish does in his literature class as well as the wonderful step by step guide through the changes made.

The week was overwhelming with a new a bunch of tools to explore. They make it much easier to promote learner as well as teacher autonomy and make classes more interactive and varied. I have already made some exercises using some of the tools and can’t wait to try the rest. I also created a class survey on the blog.

Among my favourites this week I have to mention Easy Test Maker. It does make things much easier. Besides a test, it also allows creating answer sheet too. You just need to create an account and save your tests to use later or make changes to them. 

Now I’m looking forward to my pair’s comments and suggestions about my project and of course more things to explore in week 9.

Comments

  1. Hi Nino,

    Though it sounds like you were busy in week 8, you made a lot of progress. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed the peer feedback process. It's eye opening to see how as teachers we all have different approaches and are covering different topics while teaching English. We truly do have so much to learn from one another.

    You kept yourself quite busy exploring the tools, as well. I'm thrilled to hear your enthusiasm for Easy Test Maker. Anything to make our lives easier as teachers is always welcome! Additionally, you have new exercises to introduce in your classes. I hope you have fun with that!

    Thank you for a great weekly reflection!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Courtney,

    Sorry for the late response. The end of term has been terribly busy..

    The peer feedback was really very rewarding and helpful. In fact, the whole course has been an eye opening for me in many ways. And now at the end of it, after having covered all the topics and shared experiences and opinions with everyone, I feel more confident and better equipped with different tools in order to 'conquer next levels' in teaching. :) And that's a great feeling!

    Nino

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment