Week 6    Towards the final project


Like previous weeks, week 6 was loaded with lots of materials to explore and add to the favourites.  Unlike other weeks, we were to start implementing technology-related change. There were different issues to deal with in my group, but at present I decided to focus on two of them – Lack of motivation and poor writing skills. Lots of thanks to Courtney and my group mates for suggestions.

As the first step of the change, I asked my students to create their blog where they will post their weekly tasks. I also decided to incorporate reading assignments in the blog, for which I provided them with link and search engines for the press. After reading an article or any extract students will reflect in the blog. They seemed quite excited at the news. To boost their general motivation more, I intend to use more interactive PPT and Prezi during the classes. Hopefully they will be able to cope with blogs this week and we’ll be able to start with actual tasks soon.

Comments

  1. I'm happy to hear that your students are excited about creating their blogs! I think that the incorporation of the blogs will prove to be beneficial and successful. The blogs that you have all created for the purpose of this class reap positive benefits, from allowing you as individuals to reflect on what you have learned to building more of a sense of community, as you read each others blogs and comment. When a blog has a true purpose and is well managed, it can be a great teaching and learning tool.

    Great work, Nino! I look forward to learning more about your project!

    Best,
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Courtney,

    I can't agree more that reflecting on the blog and reading other participants' reflections have been very helpful and interesting. Hopefully, my students will make the best of their blogs too. At the moment there are two things I'm concerned about: 1.I'm not able to give them practical help in creating blogs because of no internet access at the university and 2.I meet the class only once a week. I'll see what they will come up with next week and will find solutions accordingly.

    Thank for being a great support, Courtney!

    Nino

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment