Week 4



The fourth week was overwhelming with a diversity of new material. At times I had to struggle to keep up with it as this week has turned out to be the busiest during the whole term so far. For this reason I had to do things at the eleventh hour.

The most impressive and informative for me was an article by Jarek Krajka about using the internet in ESL writing instruction. It's full of creative ideas and clear instructions which make a perfect guide for teachers. I particularly liked the links that the article provides and am going to use most of them with my classes.

After exploring multi-skill websites I chose my favourites, one of which I already used this week - ESL Independent Study Lab. 
A special guest visited our discussion this week. It was very interesting and inspiring to work with Deborah Healey, whose wonderful articles were a great help during previous weeks. She shared one more useful tool with us - textivate.com.This allows to create simple multiple interactive exercises with one click.

Another task of the week was writing a technology enhanced lesson plan. I completed it according to a sample Courtney shared which made it really easy. Working in a Googledoc was also quite convenient. I hope to be able to really use the plan soon. I have to mention that I enjoyed reading other participants' lesson plans which are full of interesting tips and ideas.

We took another step towards the final project by identifying problems. I'm still not sure about all the bits of the final work but these weekly installments help a lot.

Look forward to the next week.

Comments